The Bible says that Jesus came for the poor, the weak, the needy, the submitted and the man who is willing to give up control of his life.

But I grew up in a country that has taught me the exact opposite. America says that I am supposed to make sure I am not poor, not broken, not needy, in charge and in control of everything in my life. I am supposed to make a lot of money and and build up a trust fund so that I don't have to rely on anyone else.

So that's what this blog is about... it's about the hope of a community working through the balance of self and selflessness. It's about a Lexus or a Honda... faith or control... 401K or giving... God or the American dream? It's about honesty... it's about you reading this and thinking about it... responding and figuring this life out with me. So please join me by clicking the follow button right below my picture...

Monday, September 20, 2010

Persecution

Sorry it's been so long... I kinda got consumed my all of my final exams and stuff these last few weeks, but I got through them all and I wanted to get back on my blog. I was reading though 2 Timothy tonight and I came across this verse:

2 Timothy, 3:12 - "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted."

I just thought about this verse for a little bit and I am still thinking about it actually... and I wanted some of you guys to think about it. If I'm not being persecuted, am I living a godly life in Christ? Are you?

2 comments:

  1. It's been really interesting thinking about this post while I'm in Latin America, in a context where many Christians have been persecuted for their "radical" faith and their subsequent actions to carry out that faith.

    I guess if we are really living it out to the full, we will indeed be persecuted. I really haven't been. Kinda unnerving and revealing.

    Hope you're doing well, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jesus loved people. the unlovable. the rich. the poor. we have to remember that jesus wasn't persecuted by those who were "sinners". jesus was taken to trial unjustly by the religious leaders. my thinking is, am i like jesus? passionate, giving, loving and radical? or am i like the religious men that killed him? judgmental, secretive, selfish and entitled?
    i heard someone once say, "you're either a disciple or a pharisee". to be a disciple doesn't mean to be right all the time. to be a disciple is to grow in love, all the time.

    i'm liking your thoughts man. keep digging. peace.

    ReplyDelete